I just finished watching the kite runner. Really touching show. Highly recommended. Its not like those everyday action or comedy film that you get, but this show is really captivating. The friendship of two young boys. Sob T_T lol
anyways, i just finished a GAT exam today. It went on for like 3 hours. My stomach was like grumbling the whole time. Its like a PTS exam, to see how smart you are. But this is important for students doing yr 12 subjects. If you happen to be sick on the day of your exam and really screw it up, fear not the GAT is here haha. So in a way, this exam is used to assess how well you will do in your exam. So if you do badly in your exam for whatever reason, they will refer to your GAT score and make a final assessment to give you better marks or not. So the whole of Victoria have to sit for this 3 hour of excruciating boredom. Well, actually i'm just exaggerating. It wasn't that bad.
That brings me to the topic. I've really noticed how kiasu Aussies are. How much you ask? well for most, none at all. They really can't be bothered with what they do. In a way goodla, cause our VCE results are based relatively to the whole of Victoria. So if everyone does well, then your score goes lower and vice versa. But like todays exam was suppose to go on for 3 hours, and i was surprise when this girl got up and said she was done. And only one hour passed by. I saw her paper from afar and she left one essay blank. Instruction says if you don't answer an essay, please write on the first sheet "blank". Thats what she did alright. But the fact is, its not even a hard one. They give us a few facts or statements or even pictures and we have to come up with a creative writing.
So basically there wasn't a right or wrong to it, just how well you express yourself, and she didn't even bother to try. So one by one most of the students in this particular class of twenty left after 2 hours. Until it was just me and a girl from Fiji. Is Fiji in asia? I'm sorry, quite bad with my world geography. So anyways, we left at the same time around 20 minutes before times up. I asked my sister and she said she was the last one in her class as well. Everyone just did a fast scan through the questions. 2 essays and 60 multiple choice questions. And it wasn't so easy, very tricky haha.
Do you remember how they ask in PTS, : 100kg of gold, 100kg of wood and 100kg of cotton, which is the heaviest? haha I'm sure i wouldn't have to tell you guys the answer rite? I asked my cousins, they couldnt answer. But they were only 12 and 10. Not an excuse though! haha yeah anyways, I'm always one of the last to finish in class, and most of them are done with. However, they are not dumb. The smart ones are really really smart. And most of them are just lazy. Just like me! (last time) Actually now alsola, but better. I would rather stare at the four walls then doing my homework. Would find any thing in the room to distract me. From fidgeting with my calculator, junk food in my room to my computer. Lucky thing I didn't store any games in my calculator. Exams are finally over!! Just can't wait till holidays. I wanna work to get more money, yet i want to enjoy. Greedy me! =p See ya! lol
Jon
___________________________________________________________________